Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tips on Tuesday: Business Basics Formal Wear

Wah! So the absence of posts this week is due to me working the CVS Charity Classic. I was a superstar handing out free samples of stuff to everyone who came to watch the pros play! Unfortunately, the tearing and ripping open of boxes has taken a toll on my poor cuticles and well....they look like they used to look when I was a nail biter. 

I also went to the RI Charity Gala this week, and as such, needed a nice neutral polish for the formal occasion.
I choose OPI Melon of Troy. This was one of my very first OPI polishes and is almost half gone I've used it so much!


Melon of Troy is a light peachy with a nice subtle sheen. I guess this is kind of an "old lady" color if you know what I mean. But, for such a formal work event, I wanted an appropriate color.


The first coat was a little streaky, but it leveled nicely with a second coat.
Train played at the Gala, and they were so great live! All of their old music is really good, so overall it was a fun event and we raised a ton of money for local Rhode Island charities.

This is a continuation of my Business Basics Series.
You can find my post on nude polishes HERE and Zoya Godiva HERE.

Happy Tuesday!


3 comments:

  1. Do not think of that color as old lady (even if I m one) I think of it as springtime color! Lol! Berg pretty! May need to buy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivid color and looks like with a flesh color shade.

    ReplyDelete

  3. A business formal is generally defined as Western . A western formal will be a shirt and trousers or suits with ties . The tie and trousers should match to some extent.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3