Friday, June 14, 2013

Essie Naughty Nautical Collection Nail Art & Review

I figured the Essie Nautical Collection has been swatched to death at this point, so I picked up the 2 colors that reminded me the most of Summer for some nail art. 
And of Margaritas. And Limes. 
Did I already say Margaritas?


I picked up Sunday Funday, the coral, salmony pink shade of the bunch. This one is a tad more orange than it appears in the bottle, but it is so nice! There is a subtle shimmer to it, that didn't seem to translate well onto the nails and I just couldn't capture it.


Surprisingly, Sunday Funday went on opaque in 2 coats, shown here with 1 coat of NYC topcoat.


I used The More the Merrier, the only polish in the collection without a shimmer. This one I would probably describe as Shrek Green or maybe puke green. But, as a reader pointed out on my facebook page, this color is Chartreuse. I thought that was just a drink...


But it is, indeed, a color.


And quite a nice color for nail art Limes, I might say! I used The More the Merrier to create little limes on my pointer and ring finger and I used a dotting tool for the dots. Using a white Art Club striping polish, I added the finishing touches to my limes.

Told yah I would have more fruity nail art!
If you missed my summer Watermelon Nail Art -- Go Check it out HERE!

I am sort of wishing for the teal in this collection but I am pretty happy with these two!
What do you think? Did you scoop up any of the polished in this collection?

2 comments:

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3