Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tips on Tuesday: French Tips Tutorial

Everytime I am running late on a post, I feel like I need to give an excuse for some reason. But the truth is, I am totally sitting here eating a Swiss Roll and reading some of my fellow bloggers posts...nomnomnom....

Anyway, today I have a Tutorial on super easy peasy French tips. I like to 'test' my tutorials on my nail art novice friends -- and this has definitely passed and I swear, anyone can do it! 


French Tips are my go-to for any fancy or formal occasion. They are so classy and are perfect for where ever I am going, no matter the season. I have a method to doing French Tips and here it is!


First off, you will need 10 round Band-Aids, like the picture, and any polish of your choice.


Start with a clean, bare nail. You can totally use a base coat if you want. I did in this photo. However, if you use a base coat, make sure you wait until it is totally dry to stick on the band aid!


I like to stick the band aid to the palm of my hand first a couple of times so it isn't so sticky. Then I placed it away from the tip of my nail leaving as much nail as I want peeking out! I like to turn my hand around and look at it from a couple of different angles to make sure I have the line even. If not, I just move the band aid around until I am happy! Make sure it is sticking firmly to your nail by pressing it down.


Paint the tip with any polish you want. I chose a basic white by China Glaze. I like to use one thick coat so it is opaque the first time.


After painting the tip, slowly peel off the band aid starting in one of the corners. I like to stick the band aids on all of my fingers on one hand and then paint on nail at a time, peeling off the band aids as I go along.
Edit: A reader told me you can cut the band-aids in half to get more use out of them! Good idea!


So easy! No free handing or trying to have a steady hand at all!

Look easy? Will you try your own French mani?

Happy Tuesday!


9 comments:

  1. great idea using bandaids! I'll def try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of using band-aids. Will definitely try next time I do a french mani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't normally do french tips, but my best friend uses those round stickers that you're supposed to use as price tags at garage sales. huge packs are a $1 at Dollar Tree so it's way cheaper than bandaids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psst, if you cut them in half you only have to use 5! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best idea! I usually turn them around and use them a couple times, but this is better! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I tried this this weekend using the garage sale stickers. I found them to be inadequate. They did not stick very well so the line was not crisp like in these photos. It worked OK; it's passable from afar. But when you look at them up close you can see that the lines aren't clean. I really wanted it to work because it's such a cheap alternative to the band-aids. I also don't think the French Tip style works very well for me anyway. It seemed to make my nails look shorter and wider. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww boo :( I like the band-aids because they are so easy to bend around your nails. That stinks!

      Delete
  6. Make a paste by mixing baking soda and hot water. Dip a nail brush or toothbrush into the paste. Rinse it off with warm water and mild soap.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3