Sunday, June 30, 2013

July Julep: California Coast Edition

This is my very first post at my new desk! So exciting! 
Today I have a review of my Julep July box: The California Coast Collection, 
brought to you by this East Coast girl. 
I usually skip my Julep box every month, because honestly, I find that the swatches they post online are...just a little misleading and the colors don't always strike me as particularly unique (to my extensive collection). However, what spurred the purchase this month, was the Beach Tonic. 
WIN.
I love it.
It smells SO good, leaves my skin soft and it isn't greasy at all. 
Good thing we got a full size bottle, because at $23.00 I will definitely not be purchasing it. 
I'm cheap. Maybe I will ask for it for Christmas.
Boots No7 and Organix both have a Dry Body oil for less than $10.

On to the polish!
I went with the Boho Glam collection.
First up is Faye, which ended out being my favorite of the bunch.


Faye is described as a liquid bronze shimmer. It went on perfectly in 2 coats, no top coat shown here. There was sort of a military green/mossy undertone to it, but I just loved this color. I think it is going to be awesome in the Fall, but somehow, it is so totally summer too. I don't have any color like this.


There is the military green undertone.


In direct sunlight. 
Next up is Karen.


Karen is described as a Peach Bellini frost. I wanted to like this one, but I don't think it went that great with my skin tone. This is 2 coats, no top coat.


It is a peachy shade, but I think my skin brings out some weird yellow/tangerine undertones that aren't my favorite. Application was flawless, and the frost was quite nice.

I ended out adding on Fireworks to my box this month, because after all, I do live in RI and we love the 4th of July.


I swatched Fireworks over (L-R), OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Essie Avenue Maintain, Layla 6123 and Zoya Carmen.


I think Fireworks looked the best over Layla! The glitter did lay flat on the nail, despite reflective curling you see.

Overall, I am happy with this months box, even though Karen was a dud for me.

Did you get your box? What did you think of the Beach Tonic? Any recommendations for another brand of Dry Body Oil?


1 comment:

  1. Ignoring stupid names, the difference between beach and ocean is crucial. There is a cat camper complete with fridge, stove, cupboards, flip-up table, electric ceiling, works.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3