Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Indie Review: Spellbound Nails & Nail Art

I wasn't going to post this until later this week but I got too excited and posted a spoiler to Spellbound Nails facebook page :D


Just recently I ordered 3 polishes from Ashley and today I have 2 of them to show you.


On the left is Jaded for Green and on the right is Watermelon Seeds
I had a very specific mani in mind when I ordered these 2 together!



Watermelon nails!


I started with a SH Basecoat and used 2 coats of Watermelon Seeds and 1 coat of NYC topcoat. Watermelon Seeds is a cool bubble gummy pink filled with tiny black matte glitters. It is a tad lighter than the photos show.


There was absolutely no need to fish for any 'seeds' and it went on so smooth!
Here is a close up! Check out those cute seeds!


For the watermelon rinds and my thumb, I freehanded french tips using Jaded for Green. JFG is a beautiful emerald holographic green. This one also went on smoothly.


It was a bit cloudy today but I tried to capture as much of the holo as I could! It is much nicer and has more holo goodness in person.



Dry time on both of these polishes was amazing, as was application. 1 coat of NYC topcoat completely smoothed out any bumpy seeds. I absolutely adore both of these and they are so perfect for summer!

I know, I know, you need these...
Ashley will be restocking Watermelon Seeds within the next week or so and Jaded for Green will also be back in stock as soon as possible!
Like her on Facebook to get the latest on when the restock will be HERE.
You don't want to miss it!
And check out her Etsy shop HERE.
(My next purchase will be including Fuchsia-ristic, Do the Polka Dot and Carnival Lights!)

Her polishes are $8 for a full size and she also offers a variety of mini sample packs from $4.50 (for 1) to $22.50 (for 5).

Do you like to rock favorite summer treats on your nails?
I do! And you'll be seeing some more coming up in the next couple of weeks!


4 comments:

  1. I can't get over how AMAZING this looks! It was such an awesome idea. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm excited too if you can't tell lol. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute combination, looks just like a watermelon!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3