Sunday, June 2, 2013

Indie Review: MOD Lacquer Part 1

Happy Sunday! It was the most beautiful weekend ever here and I had to reluctantly bring my sun kissed self back into the house. 
Jennifer from MODLacquer kindly sent me 3 polishes to review for you all!
Tonight I have 2 of them to show you. I have a 3rd that I will post shortly! Check out Part 2 here.
 It needed its own post, trust me :)

First up is Nonpareils.


Bottle shot. 
Nonpareils is a milky white jelly polish with various sized and shaped Green, Purple, Red, Blue, White and Yellow hexes and squares. I might have even seen some Fuchsia hexes in there.


I used 3 coats of Nonpareils and 1 coat of NYC top coat for the photos above.


This polish dried quickly, went on smooth and had pretty good glitter coverage in each coat. I loved all the different colored glitter! It reminded me of cake or funfetti!


It built up nicely and I just love the way the glitter layered! Because this was relatively sheer in one coat, I had to try it over a pink polish!


I used one coat of Nonpareils over 2 coats of Sinful Colors Island Coral, 1 coat of NYC top coat. These nails just looked delicious!


I love the way this looks as a glitter topper. I got such good glitter coverage with just one coat of Nonpareils that I will definitely be trying this over other colors.


Next up is Dreamland.


Dreamland is a light lilac purple with small specks of holographic glitter.


I couldn't quite capture the holographic glitter very well, but I did get a close up of it! 


Dreamland had a great formula. Looking at these swatches I probably could have used a 3rd thin coat to even out some of the bald spots. However, 2 thicker coats could do the job. I used 2 coats with 1 coat of NYC topcoat.


I love purples and this is such a nice one!

Can we mention the bottles these polishes come in?! They are so cute! I would honestly purchase more of these just because the bottle is so chubby and cute. If it had cheeks, I would squeeze them! 
You can find ModLacquer on Etsy here. Her polishes retail for $9.50 for a full size and she offers mini's for $4.00. Make sure to head over and like her on Facebook to get the latest info! 

What do you think, reader? Have you tried ModLacquer? 

**Disclosure: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by their manufacturer for my unbiased review. Please see my Disclaimer page for more info**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3