Thursday, April 11, 2013

Loreal Colour Riche Nail Lingerie Review

Hello! I am posting so late today! I was busy making a diaper cake
 for my sister's baby shower on Sunday!
Today I have something a little different to show you.
While browsing in Rite Aid the other day, waiting for JulieG's Gumdrop Collection to land, 
I picked up the L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Lingerie from their 
Versailles Romance Collection in Tart my Heart.


These are a little different than your traditional Nail Stickers or wraps that you might have seen because they are clear with a design on them and can be placed over any colored polish. 18 stickers come in each pack and they are all different sizes. I have pretty small nails and I found that the sizes fit me just fine.



My base polish is A England Guinevere, a lovely light dusty purple. I searched high and low for a purple this shade and I finally found one that I am seriously satisfied with. Happy Camper :)
I decided to apply the stickers to my thumb, index and ring fingers. I was going for a dainty look!


They were pretty easy to apply. I waited until my polish was completely dry so the stickers wouldn't smudge any of the polish. Placement on the nail was relatively easy and the neat thing was, if you got it on a little crooked, you could easily peel it back off and place it again. After placing it on the nail, you just file off the excess on the tips and you're good to go! 
There is absolutely no dry time and they are supposed to last up to 10 days.


I really like the look of these! The only thing that was a little difficult about them, was getting them to smooth out over the top of my nail. Unfortunately, it bunched in some places. However, it was easy enough to peel off and tug a little to stretch it out so it didn't bunch.
I have been wearing these stickers for a couple of days now and I am only seeing just a slight lift at the tips. Nothing major though.


DO NOT PUT A TOP COAT ON! 
Or this is what happens :(. 
I emailed L'Oreal about this and they said that no top coat was needed for this type of sticker. 
So you don't want to do this!
These stickers do not remove with regular nail polish remover, you simply just peel them off when you're done with them! 
So after this little mishap happened, a simple swipe of remover actually totally fixed it without ruining the designs. It was weird.


I think these are pretty cute and they come in a variety of different patterns and colors! The design is slightly raised so it has a nice texture to it too! 

Overall, my experience was pretty positive with these and I think they give a nice look to my nails. I was pleased that they were pretty easy to work with even though it felt a little strange not applying a top coat!

Will you try these? Have you tried these or other nail stickers/wraps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3