Sunday, April 14, 2013

Best Blog Award!


How cute is that picture?!
I am so excited to have been nominated for the Best Blog award by Caitlin at 
The Perfectly Polished Life! Thanks, Caitlin! 
Go check her out! She has a really cute page!

So this is how it works: The person who nominates you asks 11 questions. I answered the questions below. Then I'll nominate my picks for the Best Blog Award and I'll ask them 11 questions!

The questions I get to answer are:
1. Where are you from?
The lovely Ocean State!
2. Why did you start writing a blog?
Almost 5 years ago (in October!) I stopped biting my nails and started painting my nails a TON! I have learned so much about nail polish and nail art along the way that I wanted to have a space to share it all!
3. What is the best top coat in your opinion?
I absolutely Love NYC In a New York Minute! It is affordable (bonus!) and it dries so quickly and has a nice shine!
4. What is your favorite polish for Spring?
I've been really loving pastels lately and have such a lemming for Butter Londons Sprog! If I had to choose one I would probably go with Essie's Turquoise & Caicos.
5. What are your top 5 favorite polishes?
Revlon Plum Seduction is an all time fave. When it got old and goopy, it was the only one I felt I needed to replace. OPI Melon of Troy, Essie Boxer Shorts, Milani 3D Hi-Res and OPI Vampsterdam are also on the top of the list.
6. What is your favorite brand of polish?
OPI because I find it lasts the longest for me and Essie because they have the most gorgeous shades and some of the best blues and greens I own.
7. Favorite hobby? Other than painting your nails.
I collect postcards. I enjoy traveling and I like to have a keepsake of everywhere I have been. One day, I would like to have a postcard from all 50 states. Thankfully friends and family have been helping build my collection! I currently have postcards from 26 states and 21 different countries! I have been collecting since I was a little girl and even inherited some postcards from my Great Grandmother! I even have some postcards with a 1 cent stamp still attached! How neat is that?!
8. What is a blogging tip you would offer to new bloggers?
The thing that helped me most was to make a regular schedule of when I would put posts up and to stay active on my facebook page and other new bloggers pages! Sticking to a schedule really made it easier to get organized and I couldn't believe how quickly my posts piled up. I also think it is a good idea to have some posts on backup in case something comes up and you can't post that day.
9. What is your favorite polish trend?
I am absolutely loving the textured polishes right now. (Hold the glitter!) But I have a real soft spot for any and all holographic polishes. Crelly polishes keep catching my eye though on the indie polish scene!
10. Whose posts do you look forward to reading every week?
I actually really love ILNP and LLarowe's posts on facebook. I have been exposed to so many different polishes, trends and bloggers from reading their page shares!
11. What is your favorite post you have done thus far?
My favorite post so far would probably have to be my Tips on Tuesday on how to create a color blocking mani. I really want to show my followers how easy making fun designs on your nails can be!


My picks for the Best Blog award are:


Go check out their pages! And I apologize if you have already been tagged!

My 11 questions for you are:

1. Where are you from?
2. What new polish line are you most looking forward to for summer?
3. Do you have any pets?
4. What is your dream vacation?
5. What is the thing you like the most about blogging?
6. What is your favorite post to date?
7. What is the one nail polish color you don't need any more of?
8. What is your favorite holiday or season?
9. Do you have a favorite basecoat?
10. Who's posts do you look forward to reading every week?
11. Where is your favorite place to shop for nail polish?

Thanks for the nomination Caitlin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3