Sunday, April 28, 2013

Julie G Gumdrops Part 2

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! 
Mine had just the right amount of swatching and sunbathing! 
Today I have 2 more polishes from the Julie G Gumdrop line to show you. After showing you Sugar Rush and Blueberry Fizz HERE I just had to go back and grab 2 more of these. 
Yes, I loved them that much!


First up is Hot Cinnamon. This is a beautiful hot red, with Gold and Red micro glitters mixed in. Shown is 2 coats, no base or top coat. Hot Cinnamon is most like Sugar Rush, because it has fine glitters that are suspended in a Jelly like base. 



Here she is in the shade. Application was similar to Sugar Rush and went on smoothly. Hot Cinnamon was opaque in just 2 coats and dried pretty quickly. These polishes dry to a matte finish and have a gritty (sandy) texture to them.


Hot Cinnamon doesn't shine as much as Blueberry Fizz, but it still has a nice sheen to it.
Removal was decent. It wasn't too difficult but it was not as easy as removing a creme.
Like the other shades in this line, I did not find that the roughness of the finish pulled on clothes or got caught in hair.



Up next I have the lovely Candy Crush, a perfect bright plum purple. This shade is most like Blueberry Fizz. It is packed with Plum and Silver micro glitters, with some larger Plum and Silver glitter pieces. Application was a little thicker on this one vs Hot Cinnamon because of the increased glitter content.


Here is Candy Crush in the shade. You can really see the larger glitter pieces here.
I think it is the various sizes of silver glitters that really make Candy Crush and Blueberry Fizz really pop. This makes removal a little more difficult, but so worth it!



Such a gorgeous color! If you can't decide which Julie G to pick up, I would definitely choose Candy Crush! I think plum is such a dynamic color and it will work on so many different skin tones.

The Julie G Gumdrops are exclusive to Rite Aid and retail for $3.99. They are also available on their website here. There are 6 shades in the line. 
I did not show Rock Candy (a cool teal) or Tangerine Dream (a light orange).

What do you think of these 2 shades? Will you be heading to your local Rite Aid in search of these?

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. This is a very useful post shared by you.Thanks for providing such a valuable information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3