Friday, April 26, 2013

A Feathered Gradient using Art Club Stripers: A Review

TGIF! This week lasted forever! 

If you haven't stopped over to "like" me on facebook, please do! Surprise coming May 1st! :)

Today I have a funky fun mani to show you. On a recent trip to Five Below, my sister and I picked up some new Art Club Striper Polishes. Color Club makes these stripers and they are absolutely divine and I love working with them. When we got home, my sister was playing around with them on my swatch wheels and came up with a cool design! I recreated it (after several attempts!) using my favorite color combos.


I used 2 coats of a mini Color Club from their Poptastic Collection as my base. They all came unnamed so my best guess is that it is Age of Aquarius. I found 2 sets of these polishes (4 mini's in each) for just 4$ at Burlington Coat Factory! You seriously never know where you will score a good polish!



Age of Aquarius is a nice bright turquoise. It was completely opaque in 2 coats and the formula was great. Turquoise is quickly becoming a favorite shade of mine! Especially when coupled with Purple!
Art Club doesn't appear to name their Stripers, but I used one in Purple and one in Metallic Pink. These aren't quite nail polish but I wouldn't say they are Acrylic paints either. They never goop up on me nor are they too thin and it is beyond easy to get just the right amount on the brush.


I started with Art Club Striper in Metallic Pink and made a couple of light lines down the left side of my nail. I then layered the Purple on top, making those lines more dense. I finished it off with 4 stripes of the Metallic Pink. Because of the way the lines feather out and how nicely the colors compliment each other, it almost appears to be a gradient. 
I used one coat of NYC over all. 



It took a couple practice tries before I ended up with feathered lines I was happy with!
I love this and want to own every single Striper Color/Art Club makes.

What do you think? Have you tried Art Club Stripers?

Color Club is available online on their website or at Llarowe (I personally have had really great experiences with Llarowe and would purchase from Leah Ann all day). 
If you have a lemming for some of their stripers, I recommend purchasing them at Five Below as they are ALWAYS 3 for $5 (compared to 4$ each on their website). 
Thanks for reading!



5 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! The colors are PERFECT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I haven't seen this type of design before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My sister came up with it. She loves zebra stripes, so I'm guessing it was a spin off that!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for giving such a important information shared by you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3