Thursday, April 4, 2013

Julep Maven April Brights Edition!

As I was pulling into my driveway yesterday after work, I spotted my Julep box in the mailbox! I was so excited, I had the box ripped open, the stuffing torn out, the infamous rock candy into my mouth and the polishes swatched on my nails before I even made it to the kitchen counter.
You didn't really want to see how it all came in the box, did you?
Just kidding...I had to clean up the stuffing mess so here is a quick pic (less the rock candy)!


From left to right as described on Julep:
Eden: A bright violet creme
Abbie: Sunshine yellow creme
MacKenzie: A sour apple green frost
Brights, It Girl collection


I was most excited to receive Eden in my box. The pictures do not capture the true color at all! It is truly a deep purple. It isn't a very bright purple but it is quite nice. The photo of it in the box captures the true color. There are definitely a lot of blue undertones, which is why I think it showed up this way in the photos. Think of it as a Halloweeny Hocus Pocus purple in real life.
It dries quickly with a satin/matte finish but I would say it is more of a jelly than a creme. A top coat really made her shine!


I love all the colors! They remind me of a brand new box of crayons!
The thing that I found most intriguing about these polishes, is the scent. They had a very very pleasant smell about them. I confirmed with my mom and my sister, that they all do indeed smell a bit like green apples. Weird.
Because they are my very first Juleps, I am not sure if this is common to all of their polishes. 
Have you had this experience with Julep polish?



I used 2 coats of Abbie as a base and after it dried I marked off bits of it with striping tape. I layered one generous coat of MacKenzie on top.
I absolutely love how this came out! It is so fun!



Can I say how much I love the bottle design on these?! And the brush is AMAZING! 
Are you subscribed to Julep? What bright box did you pick this month?

Like me on Facebook to get notified of my new posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3