Sunday, March 31, 2013

Essie Resort 2013 - In the Cab-ana

Happy Sunday & Happy Easter! I had candy for breakfast this morning!
Today I have one of the new Essie polishes from their Resort 2013 collection to show you. 
I've been super drawn to blues and greens lately so I picked up In the Cab-ana.


In the bottle, this looks like a light sky blue, but on my nails it appeared more turquoise to me.


Here it is outside in semi-shade.
I love Essie polishes, because they have AMAZING shades and some of the
 best blues and greens I have ever owned.


The formula on this one went on a little patchy, which I find is pretty typical of Essie polishes. However, it was opaque in two coats and went on smoothly. The brushes on these polishes are a little small, but this makes it easy for neat nail painting.


This photo shows how light blue the polish can sometimes appear.
I find the wear on Essie is pretty good, normally lasting me 3 full days 
with minimal tip wear and no chipping. 



I decided to spice this mani up with one of my other favorite Essie shades.
I used Boxer Shorts to sport some color blocking on my accent nail. 
Boxer Shorts is a periwinkle, rich purple-leaning hue. Opaque in 2 coats.
I love how complimentary these 2 shades are!
Come back on Tuesday for a Tutorial on how to get this look!
Tutorial HERE.

 I got the inspiration for these colors from my favorite makeup bag by Sonia Kashuk from Target.
 I use this bag to store all my Nail Art paints!

Sonia Kashuk® Dot Print - Double Zip Foldover

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3