Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hard Candy Review Part 2!

Welcome back! 
I only have one more Hard Candy Polish to show you, but I loved it so much, it needed its own post. 
When I was agonizing in front of the Hard Candy Display:

WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO CHOOSE?!

I spotted Black Tie Optional from the Crystal Confetti collection. I have been wanting a black and white glitter so hard since I started seeing them flutter around on the Internet in all their black and white glitter glory and knew I just had to have this one.
I loved it so much, I even went back today to snag another but they were all out! :( 
Anyway, read on to see all the different ways to wear this!



First up, I tried this glitter over some bright Wet & Wild Neons. I love Neons and I am totally looking forward to summertime when I will definitely be using up the entire bottle of Black Tie Optional over every neon polish I own.
Shown from Left to right is Wet & Wild Straight A Jesse, Nerd Alert: Screech, Pom Pom Kelly and Pin' Em Slater. Two coats of each polish. The yellow, Pin' Em Slater, was one of those neons that needed a white base coat to see the color well. I use one coat of Revlon Sheer Cotton to make it nice and bright! I used one coat of NYC over all.


Black Tie Optional has lots of little black and white glitter pieces, with sticks and several larger hexagon pieces mixed in. You can see the largest hex glitter on my middle finger (that's not a light reflection! That's a huge hex! Awesome!). The clear base was not too thick and one generous swipe covered my nail in the glitter. I didn't get many of the larger hexes but it still evened out perfectly. The white glitters have just a subtle shine to them that make them look oh so pretty!

Next, I tried this glitter over some pastels. Wow-Oh-Wow!!



Slightly reminiscent of Illamasqua's Speckled polish line, but better looking in my opinion (plus you get some extra dollars to keep in your wallet with Black Tie).
CUTE CUTE CUTE!



I wore Black Tie over, (left to right), Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow, SH Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet, Confetti in Dance Party Pink, Zoya in Blu, and SH Xtreme Wear in Lacey Lilac. Two coats of each, topping it all off with NYC! I am going to be wearing this mani for the rest of the week!
This is so perfect for Easter!!

Check out Part 1 of this post HERE.

What do you think of this glitter top coat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3