Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quick, Look! A Chameleon!

I love animals and it is a complete bonus that this new Limited Edition line by Revlon is called Chroma Chameleon. I first spotted it at a Walgreens and since I was running errands for work, I resisted the urge to make a purchase. I was so sorry I did, because 2 Walgreens later and I still hadn't seen it again. 
Luckily, I HAD to go to Ulta and I found it there!!! 
Enough talking, let me show you which I picked up!



I chose Tanzanite. It is a duochrome, color shifting, polish. This polish is bright purple in person, but has a rosy gold, brown shift. 
Photo was taken outside in direct sunlight.


Here is what the purple looked like inside the house in natural light. The purple is a bit deeper and brighter than is actually shown.



This photo shows the shift in the purple and my thumb shows the actual purple.
Tanzanite went on pretty well. The formula was a little thin, but went on smooth and without streaks. The first coat was very sheer, but the second made it mostly opaque. I used 3 coats with a top coat of NYC.


Shift Close up


Shift inside the house in natural light.

I really like this polish. It is actually very beautiful in person and even though it seems dark in the bottle, this particular shade is bright and perfect for summer. I can't wait to paint this on my toes!
I also swatched this on a swatch stick over black, which made the purple much more bold.

I paid $7.99 for this Chroma Chameleon at Ulta, which was a bit much, 
considering it is a mini at only .29oz. However, I have read on some blogs that it is retailing for $5.99 other places and has also been spotted at CVS and some Bed Bath & Beyonds. 

CHECK FOR COUPONS 
&
Keep your eyes peeled!

Are you going to try to snag one of these polishes? What are your thoughts on duochromes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3