Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tips On Tuesday: Recycling an Old Trend

Tips on Tuesday woot! Tonight I will be showing you how I brought back an old polish trend!
Remember those Sally Hansen Salon effects nail polish strips? They were pretty popular a little while back and I still happen to own a good handful of them. I like a lot of the designs on them but I just never end out reaching for them when I go to do my nails. 


A couple of weeks ago, I shared the above mani on my facebook page! I am really loving this glitter gradient with Color Shows Polka Dots in Clearly Spotted over Orly La Vida Loca.


Then I remembered my SH Salon Effects nail strips in the black and white flower design. Gahhh! Instead of using the whole package and doing all my nails with the strips, I simply just did an accent nail to go with the mani I had on! I am liking how this came out. Even though the nail strips might not be that popular anymore--I think the black and white design is totally on point for summer!


I thought this design might be a little too loud for all of my nails, so I am pretty happy that I could repurpose it as just an accent nail. 
I find these nail strips a lot on markdown at Ocean State Job lot, for as little as $2 for a 2 pack sometimes. They aren't very tricky to apply and do last a couple of days. I used NYC top coat over all my nails to seal in the glitter and the nail strip.

I am wondering if I can cut some of my leftover strips into strips and do some funky designs...hmm...

Do you have any of these polish strips laying around? Have you ever used them just as an accent nail?

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3