Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tips on Tuesday: Summer Trendy

I am a mess today. If you follow me on facebook, then you should have already assumed ToT would be late tonight. I started off the day by galavanting gracefully into work 
<insert clinging to my belongings, whilst sweating bucketloads> 
wearing 2 different shoes. 
And I don't mean different as in one black and one blue. I mean this happened:


Yup. Don't even ask. That gold shoe--I have absolutely NO idea where the other one actually even is! So how just one of them ended up walking out the door with me--I don't even know. I was wearing a green dress. The gold matched.

Wearing 2 different shoes is totally not in right now, but apparently, White polish is!
I read in InStyle Magazine that white polish was 'IT' for summer. I tried out one of my white polishes to see if I could rock it!


I used 2 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and 2 coats of Layla Softtouch 01 on my accent nail. All over a SH basecoat and one coat of Seche Vite Top Coat. <---NOT my regular top coat. I dislike Seche Vite.


I wanted to love this. I saw this same look on a girl at the baseball game I went to on the 3rd of July and it looked so so pretty on her. I don't think it looks as good on me as her though! My mom told me this look "wasn't my usual pretty polished look" and that it sort of said 'middle-school' ish to her. I get it, maybe it's because it sort of reminds me of white-out.


Anyway. I guess it is sort of cute. Maybe it needed some glitter. Or an NYC top coat.

What do you think of this trend? Would you wear white polish? Have you ever left the house with 2 different shoes on?

Happy Tuesday! 
Thankfully tomorrow is another day and I will take more time selecting my shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3