Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tips on Tuesday: Nails in a Pinch

Very rarely do I walk around without polish. Unless it was a totally planned event, I liken it to leaving the house without makeup. I just feel so nekkid without my polish! I felt weird about bringing polish with me to the hospital this weekend for the birth of my nephew, so I figure this was as good a time as any to try out Kiss IMpress Broadway press-on nails.


I'm not sure if these are named and I promptly misplaced the package after these photos, but I picked a Hawaiian summery theme. 
They even come in a variety of lengths! Short, Long and regular. I went with the short.


 Notice that these boast NO GLUE needed!
That is, in fact, a very true statement. These press-on nails are totally glue-mess free! 
The inside of the false nail is already coated with a sticky glue.
At the cuticle end of each nail there is a small plastic tab that is sticking out. You simply tug the tab up and peel the backing from the inside of the nail, and then you place it on your nail and secure it in place. SO easy!


They nails come in this cute little nail polish shaped bottle, that it PERFECT for storing the leftover nails. My mom wears false nails a lot and she says that she has a hard time keeping them in the packaging, so that this design is really helpful. I just think it is cute! You simply pull off the top and open it up like a suitcase and they are all there inside.


You can see some of the leftovers in the bottom of the bottle. I like these a lot because some of my nails are more curved than others, and these were very flexible and fit my nails perfectly. I have some tiny nails too, and I have no trouble finding enough sizes to fit all of my fingers evenly.


 I wore these for a couple of days, through several showers and a ton of handwashing and none of them came loose. When I wanted to take them off, I used an orange stick to get underneath the edge and just peeled it off! Because they are flexible, they came off easily and pain free. NO residue was left behind, either.


THIS was the only thing I didn't like about these. Because of the glue, they were slightly raised from my actual nail, as you can see in the above photo. This made them feel a little thick to me. I think this particular design is cute, but it definitely said "false" nails to me. However, my mom LOVES this brand of press-ons. She says that the French ones look more real than any other false nails she has had before!


Overall, these were totally cute and they were GREAT when I was in a bind and wanted a mani, but wasn't in a place where parfum de polish was acceptable. I will definitely be storing a package of these for the next plane trip I take!

Have you tried false nails before? What do you think of this no-glu alternative?

Happy Tuesday! :)

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh..great review..I always wonder about those nails when i am in the store.. I just broke down and bought the Kiss polish strips..havent tried them yet though. I think these face nails would be great if you broke your real nails and had someplace to go..a quick fix if you will.. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Perfect if you broke one and wanted to protect it for a bit!

      Delete
  2. Ugh! I'm so glad you did this review. I'm a nail-biter to the extreme (maybe you can help me with that too hahah) So I've been wondering about these cause I feel like they'd make my little nail stubs look 100 times better! Thank youuu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Welcome! I used to bite my nails wicked badly too :( I just started painting my nails so I wouldn't bite them and turned my nail biting into an obsessive gum chewing habit. I always have my fingers in my mouth still though. But I can manage to not chew them off now lol. It took me over a year to stop biting them, but it will be 5 years since in October! You have to want to stop. For the longest time, I had no desire to quit, because I actually liked biting my nails! It gave me something to do haha

      Delete
  3. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award. Congrats! http://delightinnails.blogspot.com/2013/05/best-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie! Thank you so much, it makes me so happy to get these! :) It is so kind of you! I have been nominated in the past, but I am more than happy to pass the award along to other new bloggers! Thanks!

      Delete

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3