Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Indie Review: Polishnv Part 2

Hi! This morning I showed you 2 polishes I received from Polishnv. You can see them HERE if you missed it! Tonight, I want to show you the third one. This one was probably my favorite of the bunch.
See part one HERE.


Here in little Rhode Island, the 4th of July is a BIG deal. We have the oldest and the largest Fourth of July celebration in the country. If you have never held a sparkler, felt the loud boom of fireworks in your chest or got up at 4am to secure a prime spot on the parade route...
well, you need to come down here and visit us!
In other words...Prepare yourself for Red, White & Blue manis leading up to the 4th. Starting now! :)


It is never, ever too early to start planning my mani(s) or outfit for the Fourth, which is why when Renee let me choose which polishes I wanted to review, I needed Uncle Sam!


Uncle Sam is a glitter top coat, 1 coat shown here over 2 coats of CG Snow.
There are several different sized glitters in here. We have Large White Squares, Medium Blue Squares, Medium Silver and Red hexes, along with small red hexes and small white hexes. The neatest thing was the light blue glitter flakes that really rounded this glitter out and made it stand out from other glitters I have seen.


Because it is never to early to start planning Fourth manis, I had specifically picked up Orly Boho Bonnet, having an inkling these might pair well. 
I think they worked perfectly together! I like Uncle Sam even more over the blue!!
I used just one coat of Uncle Sam over 2 coats of Boho Bonnet.


The formula on Uncle Sam was similar to the others. The scent was a little strong and dry time was a longer than average, but it does go away after it dries. Renee tried a new base this time around, which is the culprit. This isn't typical of previous batches. Regardless, it won't stop me from using this glitter again.


 I got a good amount of glitter in just one coat. The big white squares came out easily and I didn't use the dabbing method (unless I wanted to move the glitter).
I used a Salma Hayek top coat over both styles.


You can find Polishnv on Facebook HERE. Renee is always posting fun nail polish facts! Did you know nail polish originated in China and was made from a mixture of beeswax, egg whites, gelatin, dyes and some other things?! I didn't! 
You can check out her other polishes in her Etsy shop HERE.

What do you think? Are you a Fourth of July fanatic?

**Disclosure: The product(s) in this post were provided to me by their manufacturer for my unbiased review. Please see my Disclaimer page for more info**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3