Sunday, May 19, 2013

Indie Review: Pipe Dream Polish Part 1

Too many life mishaps this past week, but back to regular postings!
Tonight I have some new (to me) indie polishes to show you. These polishes were provided to me at a discount for my honest and unbiased review. 


Pipe Dream Polishes are handmade by April and are cruelty and 3 free.
I am so happy to have these to show, because out of all the indies I own these are by far my favorite.
I have 2 to show you tonight and the third I will be posting on Wednesday!


The reason I love these, is because they are all so unique and are unlike any indies I have seen or any polishes I have in my collection. 
All of April's polishes are named after songs. 
First up we have Lost in Confusion, based on the lyrics from Lovefool by the Cardigans.


Bottle shot of Lost in Confusion. 


 Lost in Confusion has small and medium periwinkle hex glitters with bright blue micro flakes. The glitters are suspended in a cool bright pink/fuchsia crelly base. The blue glitters in this polish made it lean towards a purple/pink color.


Seriously, have you ever seen a polish like this before?! I LOVE it. I have worn it twice since I received it and every time I just can't get over how beautiful it is.


Close up Macro! 
:Faints: 
Falling in love with this pretty all over again!


Lost in Confusion went on so smooth! The first coat was sheer, but it built up so nicely and was opaque in 2 coats. Dry time was average. Shown here is just 2 coats, no base coat/undies, and a top coat of NYC. I gave the bottle a good shake before I started and before my second coat and I got just the right amount of glitters on each finger.


Next up we have the equally as unique, Pink Elephants and Lemonade. This polish is based on the lyrics in Dear Jessie, by Madonna. Bottle shot shown above.


Pink Elephants has small and medium hot pink and deep yellow hex glitters. The glitters are suspended in a dusty turquoise crelly base. 


This polish is just so fun! I love the funky combination of pink and yellow in the turquoise base. Pink Elephants went on smooth and was totally opaque in 2 coats, shown here. No undies or base coat and one coat of NYC top coat. Dry time was average.


Up close Macro shot! I love how nicely this built up!


Sigh. I love these polishes. April, be prepared for another order from me! 
I will surely be working on collecting the rest of April's creations.

When I received these in the mail, my purchase came with a piece of paper with all sorts of info about Pipe Dream polish and on glitter polishes in general. I love that April included this FAQ sheet with her polishes, because it answered any questions I might have had before I even had them! Her sheet also gave tips on how to get good glitter coverage (shaking the bottle/dabbing method) as well as tips on glitter polish removal! 

You can check out her other polishes on Etsy HERE and follow her on facebook HERE for updates on new polishes and restocks! Stay tuned for the other polish I chose coming this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3