Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Once in a Blue Moon

Once in a blue moon, I skip Tips on Tuesdays. 
Tonight, I am going to replace ToT with a space theme mani because of the 
BLUE MOON that can be seen tonight. 
The moon isn't actually blue, but like the saying, it means that it is a rare occurrence. 
There are usually 3 full moons in every season, but every once in a blue moon awhile there are 4 full moons in a season. The 3rd full moon, out of the 4, is the "blue moon". 
Go see it then come back and read! This type of blue moon won't be around again until at least 2016. 


Galaxy Mani's use quite a few different polishes. But all you need besides polish is a makeup sponge and a paper plate! They are so easy to do, and the design always comes out really cute.


I started with a SH base coat, and 2 coats of Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Pro Amico, a deep purple, with a pink shift, that is almost blue here in these photos.


Dripping polish onto the paper plate, I used a makeup sponge to create a line of Color Club Twiggie (green) on all my nails. Then I sponged a line of Sinful Colors 24/7 (hot pink), and then a line of Layla Soft Touch 01 (silver glitter).


Because of the many layers of polish used in creating this, I waited a little before I added a top coat of my Carpe Noctem custom glitter topper. Then I added one layer of NYC top coat!

Will you be stepping out to get a good look at the blue moon? Have you tried a galaxy mani?

Happy moon viewing! I am off to check that baby out!

1 comment:

  1. That's so neat about the "blue moon", I've never known the meaning behind it! Love your galaxy mani! They're along my lists of favorite manis, there's no way to mess it up!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3