Sunday, August 25, 2013

No Shoes Nation

I refuse to accept that fall is coming until I attend CountryFest at Gillette Stadium every year.
Kenny Chesney has headlined for the past 3 years, with some pretty great openers. This year Kacey Musgraves, Eli Young Band and Eric Church opened. 
I love Eric Church (those sunglasses!) and he was really amazing live. 
Kenny always puts on an amazing show too!

The tour this year was called No Shoes Nation and the tour flag was a skull and crossbones.
I really liked the tour logo so I wanted to incorporate the skull into my mani somehow, while still keeping it light and little country.


I started with a SH base coat and 2 coats of Julep Eloise. Eloise is a rich deep blue and is one of my favorites. I  will most definitely be using it a lot in the cooler weather.
The skull and crossbones is from an Elegant Touch sticker set I got at Ulta. I thought it was pretty close to the skull on the tour flag!


Not bad, not bad.


I wanted to offset the skull with something dainty and flowers were just the thing.
Using CG White on White and one of my nail art paintbrushes, I painted on long petal flowers. I used Essie Bass Fiddle for the reddish pink centers.


Using a dotting tool I dotted some small dots coming from the flowers using Color Clubs Harp On It. While it wasn't my favorite design, I think it came out pretty cute. I used one coat of NYC topcoat over all to seal in the design. 
I like my index and pinky fingers the best. Side flowers are a lot easier to create!


I had so much fun at CountryFest this year! Maybe too much fun because I spent most of Saturday in bed watching The Newsroom (all 6 episodes of Season 2...).
YOLO?

Until next year, I guess I am just going to have to rock out to country 'concerts' in my car.
What do you have to do before summer can end? Did you attend any concerts this year?

Happy Sunday! 
(Next weekend is a long weekend! Woot!)

2 comments:

  1. Really cool. Surprisingly goes really well together. I prolly would've added a few dots around the skull, too, to make it all flow perfect, but I still like it! :)

    - Toria
    http://toriamasons-treasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought about doing that but I just couldn't decide where to place them haha! Design block.

      Delete

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3