Monday, January 13, 2014

Indie Review: Carpe Noctem the Jelly Holo Collection!

Well, these would have been up a lot sooner, but I gave my little brother my wi-fi password and now, I don't know anything about these things, but I have an inkling his Xbox game 
playing is sucking up all my wi-fi. 

Tonight I have a new collection from Emily over at Carpe Noctem Cosmetics.

She created a fantastic 3 polish set of JELLY HOLO's! When I unwrapped these, I was so excited, because the set is a perfect trio of Blue, Green and Red!

First up is Diva D in Diamonds, a bright, yet subtle ice blue.


This is 2 coats. This built up perfectly and despite being a jelly, was completely opaque. I was impressed with how shiny they were on their own, but I did add a top coat for these photos.


The holo was a bit of a scattered linear and unfortunately the sun wouldn't show their true potential. You can see in the bottle shots, that these are all JAM PACKED with holo though!
Next up is Moss Agate.


Moss Agate is a nice leafy green.
This one probably needed 3 coats as it is the lightest shade of the trio. However, 2 coats built up reasonably well and there is minimal VNL.


The sun is still hibernating, but you can see hints of the rainbow in the bottle shot!
Last but not least, was my favorite of the bunch Raspberry Beret.


Oh god, the perfect berry shade that I love so much. This was a deep raspberry that just made me want to lick jam off my fingers. This is 2 coats and you can see this one built up to be the most opaque. Shown with 1 coat of topcoat.


The sun obviously showed its sunny face for this one. I was able to capture a bit of the holo. You can see it most on my ring and middle fingers. A subtle, scattered linear. You can see from the bottle shots, that the holo is much stronger in real life.

I will definitely be picking up Raspberry Beret again for a sweet Valentine's Day mani since it is the perfect shade for that holiday!
Overall, I think Emily hit it out of the park with these holos. All too often it is hard to get Jelly polishes to build up to opacity and these did well with just 2 coats!

You can find Emily on
Facebook | Etsy | IG (NEW!)

**Disclosure: The products in this post were provided to me by their manufacturer for my unbiased review. Please see my Disclaimer page for more info**


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3