Monday, February 10, 2014

Indie Review: Carpe Noctem Cosmetics

Hello! I am back from vacation and unfortunately - am not tan in the least. I might have been a little tan for about half a minute but non-the-less, I am back to be shades of sad winter. I cannot stop thinking about pudding. I am not sure why. Anyway, lets get right to the polishes!


First up is Calypso. I love purples with bits of pink shift in them, simply because they are reminiscent of the infamous Man in White.
The above swatch shows the pink shift perfectly.


Calypso is a grey purple packed with a linear holo punch and a duo chrome flash of pink from certain angles. I love how muted of a shade this is. It's definitely my top pick for a perfect winter to spring transition shade! Shown here as 2 coats, no top coat.

Next up is Literary Lady.


This is a very sweet subtle shade of red. This one has a very slight linear holo to it, but the duchromatic goodness of this one really gives it its character. Shown here as 2 coats, no top coat.


From some angles you can see a yellow-orange shift, while from others you see the beautiful pink you can see in the swatches above.
This was a surprise favorite for me. I tend not to like orange-y polishes very much, and while I saw a lot of the orange shift in the bottle, it didn't translate onto the nail as much. The pink and red shifts were way more prominent.


Next up I have Venus in Love. These swatches simply don't do this polish justice. It is filled with some of the most beautiful sparkle I have ever seen. There are bits of purple, pink, black and red with a very fine micro sparkle throughout the lilac base. There are also red hearts, black hexes and squares, iridescent squares and holographic and pink dots suspended in this lovely lilac base.


I swatched 1 to 1 and a half coats over 1 coat of the custom Lilac Pastilles that Emily created for me. However, this would be opaque on its own in 2-3 coats. It was very difficult for me to get out the dots, but letting the polish sit upside down for a little and using the dab and spread method, I was able to get plenty of hearts out!


Last but not least was the most interesting polish out of the bunch - Chromatic Drake. Emily created this polish for Ashley from Potions in Motion and holy smokes! It is such a neat polish. I can definitely say I do not own another one even remotely similar.


This polish is a chocolate brown base, which you can see perfectly in the swatch just above. But what makes this most unique, is the red and beetle green shifts. In the first photo and the one below you can really see the beetle shift. It was tougher to capture the red, but you can see it on my tips in the photo above.


This was a really funky polish. I loved that it gave an otherwise boring neutral brown some fantastic flare.

Currently Emily is having a 25% off sale in her shop and her shop will be closing while she recovers from her surgery so you better go grab what you want now otherwise you will be pining for some of these for a few weeks!

Use code RECOVERY25 to claim the 25% off!

Will you be grabbing any of these in Emily's sale?

Talk to ya later!
Christa

**Disclosure: The products in this post were provided to me by their manufacturer for my unbiased review. Please see my Disclaimer page for more info**



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3