Monday, November 11, 2013

Remembering Veteran's Day

I wasn't going to show you a Veteran's Day mani but I decided that it is important to remember our heroes. Especially after hearing someone at my Kickboxing class on Friday describe today as a "fake" holiday. I have a lot to say about that, but I won't bore you with a tangent! ;)


My very best friend is currently serving and I have had various friends and family serving. Once upon a Time, I also had an (ex)-boyfriend serve overseas, so the military, their services and the family/friends they leave behind, are close to my heart.


For this mani I incorporated a camo pattern with an accent nail of poppy flowers. 
Polishes used: Accent nail: base of a white OPI, OPI OPI Red and an OPI green that I can't recall the name of right now. For the camo print I used a base of Revlon Spanish Moss (army green), Revlon Bare Bones (a beige), Julep Kendra (dark green) and Zoya Raven (black).

Make sure to Thank a Veteran Today! <3


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for honoring this "fake" holiday. I would have invited this person to leave the country for a communist one! But I'm a Veteran and I'm from a long line of Veterans. I love this mani! It is the perfect mani!

    Again, thank you for this!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3