Thursday, April 18, 2013

Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

I am going to be an Auntie to a cutey little baby boy! 
My sister's baby shower was last Sunday and we just had to do something neat for our nails!


I picked Zoya Blu because she is having a boy! Blu is a lovely powder blue creme.
Since this is the first time I am featuring Zoya here, I will tell you a little about it! I only have a small collection of Zoya's, but the formula on them is pretty good, and they have really great brushes. Even for a pastel, this went on completely opaque in one generous coat and I experienced no streaking! Unheard of! 

Zoya is sold online here and in select retailers (Ulta-in store only).
If you sign up on their site, you get a coupon for a free polish. You can read my post about that here.


My sister opted for Funky Fingers Mrs. Mint. 
Funky Fingers can be found at Five Below and they have a wide array of colors that turn over regularly. They are always 3 for $5 and you can mix and match with their other polish brands! 
This went on a little streaky, but totally evened out with the second coat and is such a perfect mint color with a nice subtle shimmer.



I used Art Club striping polishes in White and Silver to create the lines on our pointer fingers and our ring fingers. With a dotting tool I created little baby feet on our accent nails. I sealed the design in with one coat of NYC.


Here is a close up of the feet on my sister's nails. Look at those little toes!



We think these came out so cute and it was such a fun idea for the Shower! 
I can't wait to see my nephew's real little feetsies!!

Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love seeing your comments and messages! I read each one, even when I don't always get to reply back! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3